“Since most of today’s students can appropriately be labeled as “Digital Learners”, why do so many teachers refuse to enter the digital age with their teaching practices?
This presentation was created in an effort to motivate teachers to more effectively use technology in their teaching.”
and my response….?
1. preaching to the converted? (youTubers)
2. random sources for ‘facts’, including a t-shirt slogan (?) made me instantly sceptical and wary at skewed stacking of ‘statistics’
3. learning should not only reflect technological delivery methods, and should be careful not to exclude those that cannot afford it, access it, etc.
4. american, and more or less relevant in areas because of this
5. nice music – made the experience much more enjoyable
6. i agree with alot of it: we should be (and are!) looking at methods for delivering education that are inclusive, flexible, relevant, and (in some ways) driven by the learners. But we also need to be realistic, measured and informed in the ways that we go about it.
I’ve had a quick look at T4’s website though and i think that it may be an interesting resource, i’ll have a more thorough look and report back.
I think my main problem with the video is that it has a negative, insinuating tone that implies I am not doing enough, which doesn’t motivate me to join their campaign (regardless of content) or find out anything more about them: is this the best way to motivate anyone to learn something new…?!!!